Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Weekender

I FINALLY had a Saturday off (yay!! woo!) and we decided to make a day of it. A few days earlier I was giving Elia a bath and checking on some info for my homework in the bathroom. Yes, I know what you're saying, "Why would you have your laptop in the bathroom?" I'm sure you know where this story is going...
Elia was slinging her Barbie around in the tub and completely drenched my laptop's screen with water. I have a Sony Vaio and a MacBook Pro and it was the Vaio that took the hit. Luckily, when I purchased it last year I also bought the "Accidental Protection" (thank you Best Buy!) which covers everything from dropping to liquid spills. We started the day taking my laptop to Best Buy where they graciously sent it off to Sony to get fixed. Bye, bye laptop!
We were really wanting to try the new restaurant in Rogers, 5 Guys, but the parking lot was packed so we headed over to Qdoba. The food was great!



And of course I can never get BOTH of them together in a good shot!!


Eva doing her usual... sleeping away!

On a whim, we later decided it was about time Elia gets a new pet. So off to Petco we went!


They had cats and dogs there for adoption from the Humane Society! Made my heart melt! I wanted to seriously take every one of them home with us. 
But.... since we already have 2 dogs we thought it best to start with something small, a fish!
The lady at Petco told us the best one was a Betta Fish. Let's hope she's right!!

Introducing the new member of our family, Miney!!
 (pronounced like "Hermoine" from Harry Potter without the "her".)



It's technically a male fish, but Elia insists it's a girl.




Let's hope Miney loves it here with us, Spongebob, and Gary!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment